When you think of energy efficiency and comfort, the type of windows in your home come to mind? If not, you may be overlooking a crucial factor of energy conservation. For many Australian homeowners, the appeal of double glazing lies in its increased insu
If your taps are make strange sounds when turned on, it’s probably not a poltergeist haunting. The most likely cause is an issue called hydraulic shock, which is more commonly known as water hammer.
Having smoke detectors in your home will act as a potentially lifesaving warning system. Without smoke alarms you run the risk of not giving you and your family enough time to escape in the event of a fire.
When the cost of renovation is too much, a dash of paint can reinvent your bathroom. Painting bathroom tiles is a great way to change your decor at minimal cost. This is a DIY project you can complete without labour costs.
When new technologies come to the fore, it often opens up new possibilities for applications in multiple industries. The wallpaper industry, especially, has greatly benefited from technologies designed to bring breath taking visions to life.
A lot of homeowners avoid building on a sloping block. Doing so is a mistake. A sloping site presents the opportunity to create a beautiful home, so long as structures are secure and your landscape is properly designed.
Whether you're building a new home, buying or selling an existing property, renovating or investing, Houspect offers services that can assist you at every stage of your real estate investment.We offer Stage Construction Inspections, Building and Pest inspections and as well as Building Depreciation Inspections.
Construction Inspection & Reports, Professional Construction, New Home & Renovation Inspectors – Why Inspect?
Building a new home or renovating an existing house is a complex process. Sometimes mistakes happen that you may not discover until it’s too late. Most builders are reputable but even the most reliable builder will make an error occasionally. A Houspect construction inspection lets you rest assured that your home is being built to the proper standards.
Stages of Construction Inspections
Houspect Building Inspections have a range of construction inspections to ensure that the method of construction and workmanship on your project are in accordance with Australian and Industry standards. Inspections are usually timed in accordance with the various stages, however we can be called upon at any time you need help.
What a construction inspection provides:
- We check that all the work completed is in accordance with the building plans.
- We check that all components of the building comply with current Australian Standards and Building Codes.
- We ensure that the workmanship is at an industry standard.
- We prepare a typed report listing all items to be rectified by the builder. This report is a legal document and can be used as evidence in court if necessary.
- For your peace of mind, our inspectors will ensure you are really getting what you have requested and paid for from the builder.
- Floor not to specification
- Floor incorrect size
- Floor lower than datum point
- No allowance for plumbing pipes
- Wrong number of brick courses
- Brick laying sub-standard
- Roof frame held together with string (true story)
- Roof covering not installed to manufacturers specification
- Power points too close to wash basin
- Kitchen cupboards not installed to a good standard of workmanship
- These problems do not occur in all houses, we are in business to ensure it doesn’t happen in your home.